Sunday, April 3, 2011

Journal

With seemingly endless tests, essays, and assignments, college has been as extremely stressful experience. From having to live with people in a cramped room to being broke, things feel like they're piling up. One thing I've found that always makes me feel better is keeping a journal. Being able to write down things that are bothering me or just venting makes a world of difference.

I guess you could say I'm a newbie to keeping a diary. I never really kept one as a kid or preteen, but I had an extra notebook laying around my desk and figured why not. I write about things like school, work, and friends and more personal things like relationships and what's on my mind. Also, thanks to stumbleupon, I've found lists of different questions that are meant to prompt writing on different topics and ideas.

Besides keeping a journal, I've started to make frequent posts on a tumblr account. It's similar to our blogs, but the posts can be anything you from - even something as small as a quote to a picture. Having that has also given me something to focus my time on instead of excessively worrying about my grades and future assignments.

College is mainly about work, but it has a huge amount to do with getting good marks and learning, but it's also important to have fun and make friends. Having an outlet for my stress has made things a lot easier, me less homesick, and happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment