Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gym

How I love thee, how I hate thee. My newest obsession with health and fitness has lead me to not only be more careful with what I slap on my plate at Montgoris, but to be a frequent visitor of the Carnasecca Arena gym. With Summer fast approaching, that also means that the era of the bikini is rounding the corner with it. After my mom ordered a white and flower covered bathing suit offline for me as a gift, I knew it was time to buckle down. I'd rather put in the hard work now and feel confident on the beach than be constantly aware of every inch that is exposed.


My Favorite Beach, Cupsogue Beach


I'm no stranger to the gym, but I can admit that I've neglected it since coming to school. While I was at home I was a member of Planet Fitness. However I've set the habit and I'm sticking to it. Every night, around 8:30 pm, I gear up in sweats and tee shirt and leave the comfort of my dorm room to walk in the freezing cold to Carnasecca Arena. Once there, I swipe in and make my way to the lines of treadmills, bikes, stair masters, and ellipticals. It seems awful while I'm there, but on the way back I'm always happy that I went.


Elliptical Machine 


Aside from just doing work at the gym Tara and I bought a workout tape off of amazon. It may have been an impulsive reaction the the movie we had just watched, but the tape is Bollywood themed. The instructor teaches you all sorts of moves from India choreography as well as makes you sweat. We both can't stop laughing at each other while we do it, but it's still a super fun workout. 


Happily I am slowly starting to see the results of my hard work, making it all worth the effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment