Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hair Dye

I don't think that anything makes me feel more brand new than changing my hair color. I've pretty much had it all - whether it be red, brown, blonde, and super blonde. My Aunt is a hair dresser and sleepovers at her house meant waking up in the morning with a new hair style. Lately I'd been feeling bored with my locks, and I decided it was time to do something I hadn't done in a long time. Go brunette.

Since junior year I've been the blondest blonde you can be before platinum. I don't quite know how it got to that much of an extreme, but it never bothered me and I enjoyed being a blonde. As a little kid I had the same color, so it just seemed like a repeat of the past. Coming to college made me want to change my hair. I mean hey, new school new hair right? Needless to say thing after thing kept popping up and my hair stayed the same.

Over Easter break I decided to just do it. I made an appointment with my hairdresser, Danielle, at Ntrigue Salon in Port Jefferson, NY. The area it's in is called "down port" by everyone who lives in the area and it's full of bars, restaurants, and little shops. It's the right on the water and the perfect place to spent a summer day.

Port Jefferson, on Main Street


Anyway, getting back to my hair story, I brought in a picture of Drew Barrymore from one of her CoverGirl ads as a reference. Danielle told me it might not come out like that and I responded by simply saying "It's cool, just do whatever and make me look cute." Clearly, I was very stressed about the whole situation.

It hardly came out like this at all...

After FOUR HOURS of never ending processes and washings, I was done. I love the way it came out! Having dark hair again is refreshing and awesome. I love seeing the reactions of people to my new hair and how different it really makes me look. For now, I'll stay a brunette, but who knows what I'll want in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment