Sunday, April 17, 2011

Uncle G's

I love food shopping. That may be a weird thing to say, considering most people see it as a boring, tedious task, but searching through the aisles has always been fun for me. One of my all time favorite grocery stores is Uncle Giuseppe's. I'm not sure if the chain is exclusive to Long Island, but by my house in Mt. Sinai there is a store only a town over in Port Jefferson Station.

Surprisingly enough on their website (linked above) they have a video of my local Uncle G's when it was first opened...



Imagine your typical grocery store. Now take your grocery store and imagine it decked out in every sort of food under the sun -  oh and not to mention the fully working deli, pizza parlor, and never ending free samples available from every department.

Another reason I love this grocery store is because of how good their "take out" is. When ever I'm feeling too lazy to make dinner for myself or for any of my friends, I just take a trip down to Uncle G's and buy one of their packaged dinners. It's far from a TV dinner, it's literally a homemade meal just put into Tupperware.

There's nothing better than going home and being able to make and eat real food again. Pretty soon it will good bye Montgoris cafeteria and hello fresh groceries!

No comments:

Post a Comment