Friday, March 4, 2011

Assignments

Over the past couple of weeks, Professor Ernay assigned our multimeda class projects revolving around photography and film.

The first of these assignments was to take five photographs, each with a different purpose and focus. The different shots we needed to take were of a group of people in action, a group of people posed, a long shot of a location, a close up of that same location, and a self portrait of you in front of that place. I had a lot of fun not only taking the pictures, but deciding where and what I wanted to photograph. Although they're quite simple, I am happy with my results for this project.

A few of my friends studying the basement of St. Vincent Hall

My friends posed for my group shot

A distance shot of St. Thomas More Church


A close up of the entrance of St. Thomas More Church


Me in front of St. Thomas More Church


Another project that our class was assigned was the create a video between 30 and 60 seconds long, depicting some aspect of St. John's according to the rules regulated in the Capture the Storm video contest.

Once again I really enjoyed this project and planning the various scenes I recorded. It was also my first time working with iMovie, a movie-making program that comes on Mac computers. Editing the different clips and adding music and sound effects turned into a marathon activity, taking over 4 hours, but I am extremely happy with the overall result.

My video highlights the different aspects of St. John's University that I love and how it has many things to offer to all of its students.


No comments:

Post a Comment