Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stumbled

Recently, I discovered the newest excuse for my procrastination. It's an amazing website called stumbleupon.com. An end has come to the days when I hopelessly stare at my Facebook news feed, waiting for something that tickles my fancy to appear. No longer must I stalk people from my high school graduating class, despite the fact that we haven't spoken in months. Now, thanks to stumbleupon, I can waste hours that should be dictated on writing papers and studying looking at things that I actually find interesting, and pretend I'm actually learning something while I wait until the last minute.

What I love so much about stumbleupon is that I got to customize it to my exact interests. When you register (which I urge EVERYONE to do, considering it's free) you go through hundreds of different topics - ranging from history to bizarres/oddities, a personal favorite of mine. Once this is done, all you need to do it click the "stumble" button to generate something which is sure to amuse you. Depending on what website or image the site gives you, you can decide whether you approve or disapprove by clicking either thumbs up or thumbs down. Also, if you ever want to look at something again you can add that link to your favorites file, ensuring you can access it anytime you want.

If you're looking for a more in depth explanation, just click play on the video below...





What did I put as my interests you ask? That would be humor, photography, indie rock/pop, and fitness, just to name a few. I love taking and look at photographs, and stumbleupon always manages to find some that take my breath away...




Not only do I get photography on my stumbleupon page, I also get assorted articles and links to funny websites.

So now, I must leave you... stumbleupon is calling. 



No comments:

Post a Comment